2021-2022 LUNCH and Recess
We need your help. All hands on the blacktop!
1. Complete the MCPS volunteer form:
Print out or save a PDF of the completed form.
2. Complete the MCPS Child Abuse and Neglect training AND vaccination attestation:
There is a user guide here to help navigate the training:
Print out or save a PDF of your course grade sheet (your total grade should be 91.67%).
3. Share your availability to volunteer here:
4. Email your volunteer form, course grade sheet, and COVID vaccination card to email@example.com
KP Recess Running Club: Every Wednesday
1. The Running Club Coordinator will bring the necessary materials - charms, markers, and cones - to the field.
2. Head out to the field and set-up the cones. The loop starts and ends by the playground equipment (by tree). Kids run behind the backstop near the playground equipment then head out to far corner straight by fence. Place a cone in corner. The next cone goes back where the baseball field and black top meet. Kids should stay along the outside of ball field and not go around the back. The last cone goes by the side walk on the way back to the playground.
3. Set up the container on the pavement near the front of the shed near the playground.
4. If the kids are waiting to get started running, you can lead them in some fun warm-up exercises. Then, start them running in groups staggered to prevent tripping and pushing.
5. Each time a child completes a lap his/her hand will be marked. Children receive a charm or prize for the following laps completed per age group:
K/1st Grade 4 laps per charm/prize
2nd /3rd 6 laps per charm/prize
4th /5th 8 laps per charm/prize
6. After the last recess ends, assist the Running Club Coordinator in packing up the supplies and returning the cones.
Thank you for your help!