K and 3rd 1:00-1:35pm
K and 3rd 1:35-2:05pm
We need your help. All hands on the blacktop!
Recess Volunteers In order to ensure that there is plenty of supervision for our children at recess throughout the year, each class will be assigned a month during which it will be responsible for providing parent volunteers to serve as additional aides on the playground. All volunteers must complete online training on the prevention, recognition, and reporting of child abuse and neglect. Please complete the online training, "Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect: for Volunteers and Contractors."
KP Recess Running Club - VOLUNTEER INSTRUCTIONS
1. Every Wednesday the Running Club container will need to be picked up at the PTA Closet in the front office.
2. Head out to the field and set-up the cones. The loop starts and ends by the playground equipment (by tree). Kids run behind the backstop near the playground equipment then head out to far corner straight by fence. Place a cone in corner. The next cone goes back where the baseball field and black top meet. Kids should stay along the outside of ball field and not go around the back. The last cone goes by the side walk on the way back to the playground.
3. Set up the container on the pavement near the front of the shed near the playground.
4. If the kids are waiting to get started running, you can lead them in some fun warm-up exercises. Then, start them running in groups staggered to prevent tripping and pushing.
5. Each time a child completes a lap his/her hand will be marked. Children receive a charm or prize for the following laps completed per age group:
K/1st Grade 4 laps per charm/prize
2nd /3rd 6 laps per charm/prize
4th /5th 8 laps per charm/prize
6. After the last recess ends, pack-up running club container and put it back in the PTA closet in the front office. Make sure to collect the cones and all the markers.
NOTE: If a volunteer notices that we are running short on charms/prizes, please email Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your help!